Start a new topic

Indicating a medication was planned but not given

Is there a way to indicate a medication (highlighted) was planned but then not given? Currently we are putting a "-" in a highlighted box however that is then charging out the medication but as not administered to the patient. 

Hi Alex,

If I understand your questions correctly, when you mark the treatment with a - to indicate not given, it charges for the item anyway because of your integration with Bee Free. Is this right?

It so, I will probably check with one of our other integrated clinics to see how they handle these situations, and will get back to you with some suggestions. 

Thanks so much,

Anna

Hi Anna, 

This problem is not specific to BeeFree integration as the meds are then being included in the SmartFlow inventory at discharge as well.

Thanks Alex

Hi Alex,

You're right, it's not a BeeFree issue at all, it's a situation that has to do with integrated products in general. I checked in with another clinic who uses a different software, and they find they need to un-highlight the box and then make a note of it. It's essentially the same situation you are facing with the billing etc. 

I have requested some information/update on this from our development team, to see if there is a solution they can suggest or if they can develop one. I will keep you posted on it as soon as I hear back! 

Thanks,

Anna

That would be great as we are not encouraging nursing staff to change highlighting. It would be as simple as a standard unit not being counted in charging like a "-"

Hi Alex,

I am continuing to track this feature and will be updating you once we have it available. It's in the pipeline and I'm really pushing for it as it will be really helpful for those PRN treatments! :)

Thanks,

Anna

We color the highlight of "ask before you give meds," like buprenorphine, differently than other drugs, and have an "ask DVM re bupre" in the procedure part. That way, even if there are no initials in the medication box, we know that it was asked (but this way it isn't charged for through EzyVet). 

Login or Signup to post a comment