Business Analytics

How do I access Analytics?
If your clinic has gone 'live' using Smart Flow since the release of our Analytics tool in April 2018, you will automatically have the Analytics...
Tue, 17 Apr, 2018 at 4:00 AM
How do I use the Analytics tool?
Once the Analytics tool has been activated in your account Settings, the first screen you will see is a follows: Any saved treatment templates in yo...
Wed, 4 Jul, 2018 at 11:45 AM
Why do the tasks look different?
Are the timers on your Tasks counting down rather than forward? Are some of the Tasks missing a timer altogether? Are the Tasks blinking on the W...
Wed, 9 May, 2018 at 4:24 AM
Analytics - why am I receiving a 'Data Not Found' error?
This notification occurs when you are trying to compare workflows containing unique filters (e.g. Dr. Johns vs Ivan), but one of the Users hasn...
Tue, 17 Apr, 2018 at 4:00 AM
Analytics Repetitions are missing
You may notice that even though a task has been completed, the Repetitions are not showing in the Analytics. The reason for this is that the Repetitions...
Mon, 4 Jun, 2018 at 11:37 PM
Why won't Analytics load?
Are you seeing the following screen when you open Analytics? This is likely caused by an AdBlock.  Please view the following video for instruction...
Mon, 14 May, 2018 at 3:47 AM
Common Analytics questions
What does the ‘date’ after the template name mean? At first glance it might not be very clear which is the most recent date, or what it is referring to. In...
Thu, 31 May, 2018 at 1:07 PM