Diet and Medications

How to Update Medication dose changes with new patient weight?
To update the dose rates for patients with weight changes, firstly, you should re-weigh the patient and enter the updated weight value before adding t...
Sun, 24 Jun, 2018 at 4:49 AM
Does Smart Flow save dosages?
In general, Smart Flow does NOT save drug dosages as your Dr needs to enter the dosage for each patient.  The only time a dosage is saved is on a template. ...
Thu, 8 Sep, 2016 at 8:19 AM
How do I add or change a diet?
To add a diet to the flow sheet, follow the following steps: On the iPad: In "Editing Mode", tap the plus sign next to Activity and choos...
Sat, 5 Nov, 2016 at 12:53 AM
I can't enter a value in the total dose section of a medication. What is wrong?
If you are unable to enter a value in the total dose section when editing a medication you may need to change the unit of measurement to match. The conc...
Sat, 27 Jan, 2018 at 1:28 PM
Why is Smart Flow giving me the incorrect dose for a medication dosed in mcg/kg?
Smart Flow Sheet does not convert one measurement (i.e., mcg) to another (i.e., mg).  The concentration and the dosing both have to be in the same unit of m...
Thu, 8 Sep, 2016 at 8:21 AM
How do we indicate if we are using the patient's own medication?
If you have a software that is NOT integrated with Smart Flow, you have a few options: 1) You can indicate this in the “C...
Sat, 15 Oct, 2016 at 9:39 PM
Why are drug dosages getting rounded off on the flowsheet?
You may notice that dosages which result in several decimal places get rounded off when they appear on the flowsheet.  This is due to space limitations o...
Sat, 3 Dec, 2016 at 8:34 PM
How do we dispense a vial or bottle of medication?
Please see this FAQ.  If you have a non-integrated software, use option #3.  
Thu, 8 Sep, 2016 at 8:26 AM
What if the medication is a combination of two different drugs?
There may be times when you have a medication that is, in fact, a combination of different medications.  How do you add them to the flow sheet?  I...
Fri, 16 Sep, 2016 at 6:41 AM
RER calculation in Smart Flow
The formula that Smart Flow uses in order to calculate the RER is: ( weight in kg raised to the power of 0.75 ) * 70
Fri, 16 Sep, 2016 at 6:41 AM