Diet and Medications

How to update Medication dose after the patient weight is changed?
If you notice changes in patient weight, and need to update the medication dose rate, please follow the next steps. Re-weigh the patient and update weigh...
Fri, 9 Aug, 2019 at 4:26 AM
Does Smart Flow save medication dosages?
In general, Smart Flow does NOT save medication dosages as the doctor needs to enter the dosage for each patient separately. The only time a dosage is saved...
Wed, 11 Sep, 2019 at 4:14 AM
How do I add or change a diet?
To add a diet to the flowsheet from the iPad, please follow the following steps: Go to the Editing Mode > tap the plus sign next to Activity > ch...
Wed, 17 Jul, 2019 at 4:33 AM
I can't enter a value in the total dose section of a medication. What am I doing wrong?
If you are unable to enter the Total dose value when adding/editing medication on the flowsheet, please make sure that units of measurement for Concentrati...
Mon, 22 Jul, 2019 at 4:34 AM
Why is Smart Flow showing the incorrect dose for a medication dosed in mcg/kg?
The reason why Smart Flow gives you the incorrect dose for a medication is that its concentration and dosage are set in different units of measurement.  Sm...
Tue, 20 Aug, 2019 at 11:26 PM
How do we indicate if we are using the patient's own medication?
If you have a software that is NOT integrated with Smart Flow, you have a few options: 1) You can indicate this in the “Custom” section displ...
Mon, 6 May, 2019 at 2:51 PM
Why are drug dosages getting rounded off on the flowsheet?
You may notice that dosages which result in several decimal places get rounded off when they appear on the flowsheet. This is a result of space limitations...
Mon, 22 Jul, 2019 at 4:30 AM
What if the medication is a combination of two different drugs?
There may be times when you have a medication that is, in fact, a combination of different medications.  How do you add them to the flow sheet?  In ...
Fri, 23 Nov, 2018 at 1:25 AM
RER calculation in Smart Flow
The formula that Smart Flow uses in order to calculate the RER is: ( weight in kg raised to the power of 0.75 ) * 70
Fri, 16 Sep, 2016 at 6:41 AM
Medication Calculator
Watch this video below to see the Smart Flow medication calculator in action:
Sun, 6 Nov, 2016 at 1:34 AM