IDEXX ezyVet

How to make sure that the events are coming from SmartFlow to ezyVet?
If your clinic is integrated with ezyVet but your billing events or procedure items are not coming over to ezyVet from SmartFlow, please check if your setup...
Tue, 25 Feb, 2020 at 11:22 AM
How can I sync inventory from ezyVet to SmartFlow?
There are three different ways to sync inventory from ezyVet to SmartFlow, please read this article and find the best one for you.  Sync all the items ...
Fri, 29 Apr, 2022 at 3:42 PM
Why is treatment shown in an ezyVet invoice instead of a medical record?
The reason a medication that was generated in SmartFlow would show up on the invoice but not on the medication tab within ezyVet is due to the prescription ...
Fri, 28 Feb, 2020 at 5:27 AM
What should I do if I received an error message when adding ezyVet patients to SmartFlow?
If you are attempting to import a patient from ezyVet to SmartFlow and receive the "Error: Medic not found" pops-up message, this means that the c...
Fri, 28 Feb, 2020 at 6:25 AM
Ho to preform billing in IDEXX Vet Lab (IVLS) through SmartFlow and ezyVet?
If you have a few separate tests (e.g. Chem 15, electrolytes and CBC) and you're running your IVLS at the same time, this is how you would send only one...
Fri, 28 Feb, 2020 at 6:37 AM
How to automate your ezyVet Staff and Department Billing?
Smart Flow automatically bills to ezyVet when billable events occur e.g. Administering Medication. For each Smart Flow integration, the settings in ezyV...
Thu, 31 Oct, 2019 at 11:26 AM
What happens if I use Pulse and Heart Rate on a flowsheet?
In case you use both Pulse and Heart Rate parameters on the flowsheet, please keep in mind that the entered values will be displayed in the HR column in ezy...
Thu, 31 Oct, 2019 at 12:04 PM
Why are medications coming into the Health Status tab in ezyVet?
If a medication is showing up in the Health Status tab as a Note, instead of in the medication section of ezyVet, please check the Product Settings first:  ...
Thu, 31 Oct, 2019 at 12:11 PM
How can I transfer unallocated SmartFlow patients to ezyVet?
The issue of having an unallocated patient may occur when a clinic needs to add a patient straight into SmartFlow without synchronizing all the information ...
Tue, 29 Dec, 2020 at 8:37 AM
How to set up a user in ezyVet to have in Smart Flow as Tech Appointments?
To set up a user in ezyVet to have in Smart Flow as Tech Appointments / Generic User, please follow the steps below: 1.  Create a new user within ezyVet...
Thu, 3 Oct, 2019 at 5:50 AM