Diet and Medications

Why does the Name of the medication get cut off on the iPad?
This is due to space restrictions on the iPad screen. You will notice that on the web, the full Name of the medication appears: However, on the iPad v...
Mon, 13 Apr, 2020 at 11:21 AM
Why is the total dose or flow rate zero (Calculator Errors)?
If the Medication or Fluid calculators do not appear to be working properly and are showing a total dose or maintenance rate of 0, check to ensure your pa...
Tue, 12 Feb, 2019 at 10:59 AM
How do I enter drops and ointment parameters into inventory?
When mapping products / creating parameters for topical medications, there are two things to consider. The first thing is how to set up the medicati...
Wed, 30 Mar, 2022 at 11:15 AM
How do I calculate doses for Medications based on Body Surface Area (m2)?
You may be wondering how to calculate doses for medications that require surface area values such as chemotherapy drugs. SmartFlow is set up to calculat...
Tue, 17 Nov, 2020 at 12:49 PM
Calculator Errors: mg/lb
Smart Flow will only calculate milligrams per pound if the selection for the pounds is "lbs," not "lb."  See: ...
Sun, 6 Nov, 2016 at 11:10 PM
How do I enter drops and ointment parameters into inventory, when using patient's own medication?
If you do not wish to bill for an item that is checked off on the Flowsheet (e.g. if you are using the patient's own medication), please follow th...
Mon, 13 Apr, 2020 at 11:01 AM
How to bill for medications to go home using Smart Flow?
If you have a surgery patient and would like to send them home with medications, you have three different options for billing: NOTE: When creating a new...
Thu, 24 Oct, 2019 at 11:08 AM
How do I select the medication units?
From now on, you can set a default setting for all medication units, so you don't have to manually change it to Total (mg) or Total (ml) each time you a...
Tue, 20 Aug, 2019 at 8:57 AM
How do I change the default route and dosage for medications in Smart Flow?
When a Medication parameter is first added to a patient's flowsheet, Smart Flow prompts you to fill in a common route as well as indicate how the dosage...
Tue, 20 Aug, 2019 at 9:18 AM
How do I change a medication dose for a patient currently undergoing treatment?
When you want to change the dose of a patient's medication, we recommend that you cancel your previous medication (please learn more on how to discontin...
Mon, 28 Oct, 2019 at 11:23 AM