When inventory billing of a parameter is turned to "On", every time there is an entry into the flowsheets cell the item will be added to the client's' invoice.
If you do not wish to bill for an item that is checked off on the flow sheet (e.g. if you are using the patients' own medication), then please follow instructions found HERE.
When entering eye drops or ointments, we recommend entering the concentration as follows:
Go into "Settings" - "Parameters" and "Add New Parameter":
- Fill in the medication name
- Choose "Medication" from the drop down menu named "Section"
- Enter the concentration as 1 inch/inch, 1 cm/cm or 1 drop/drop as required.
- Make sure, you then set the billing toggle to "On" (or set events to "yes" if using integrated EMR)
- Click "Save"
Eye medications can now be added to a patients flowsheet, dosed as to prescribe number of drops or volume you would like per eye.
Here are some examples of how you will add drops and ointments to your flow sheet
- Make sure concentrations are set up as described above.
- Enter the desired route of administration.
- Making note of what concentration you entered in the steps above, enter the dosage as required, (i.e. 1 drop per eye).
Remember, Smart Flow will learn from you, if the part of the body you require is not listed, then just type it in the box and it will be saved for next time.
- Choose how you want it to appear on your flow sheet
- Make sure you set the billing to "Off".