If you are using the patient's own medication, to avoid billing twice, we need to be sure billing option is turned to "OFF" for this particular parameter.
When entering eye medications or ointments into parameters, we recommend adding the item as follows:
Go into "Settings" -> "Parameters" and "Add New Parameter":
- Fill in the medication name
- Choose 'Medication' from the drop down menu named 'Section'
- Enter the concentration as 1 inch/inch, 1 cm/cm or 1 drop/drop as required.
- Make sure, you then set the billing toggle to "OFF" (or set events to "No" if using integrated EMR)
- Press 'Save' once completed.
To add an ointment or eye drop to the flow sheet
- Make sure the concentration is setup as described above
- Enter desired route of administration
- Make note of what concentration you entered in the steps above, enter the dosage as required:
ie 1 drop per eye, or 1 cm/eye. Remember, Smart Flow will learn from you, if the part of the body you require is not listed, then just type it in the box and it will be saved for next time.
- Choose how you want it to appear on your flow sheet
- Make sure you set the billing to 'OFF'.