In order to set up your SurgiVet monitor integration with Smart Flow correctly, please acquire the necessary data using real-time numeric (CSV or "Comma Separated value") serial output protocol, by following the steps below:
NOTE: For SurgiVet monitor there is no need to set an IP Address because this monitor is based on Serial Port.
1. Turn the rotary knob on the monitor to move the cursor. Highlight SETUP and push the knob to access the setup menu:
2. Highlight SERVICE MENU and push the knob to select:
3. Turn the rotary knob to access the password box and push the knob to select the first character field:
4. Turn the rotary knob to highlight the desired character and push the knob to select:
- Push the knob to select the next character field;
- Turn the rotary knob to highlight the desire character and push the knob to select;
- Highlight ENTER and push the knob to select;
NOTE: The factory installed password is ADVISOR.
5. On the service menu, highlight Monitor Defaults and push the knob to select:
6. Highlight SERIAL OUTPUT MODE and push the knob to select.
7. Turn the rotary knob to highlight Real-Time Numeric (CSV) and push the knob to select:
8. Connect a serial cable (DB-9) to the back of monitor and to a serial COM port on your PC.
9. You will need to confirm the connection with the monitor first through running Hyperterminal or some similar serial communications program:
a) On your PC, open Hyperterminal or a similar serial communications program:
b) In the Name field enter any connection name and click on the OK button:
c) Once you click OK another window will be displayed. Here in the Connect using drop down menu the COM1 is already selected, so leave it as it is and click the OK button:
d) Then a window will open to configure the program, please set values as described below:
- Bits per second (baud): 115,200
- Data bits: 8
- Parity: None
- Stop bits: 1
- Flow control: None
After selecting the values click on Apply and OK buttons:
e) After, the below screen will appear and the data which we are receiving from the device will be displayed. So when you receive the data successfully your monitor is successfully connected to your PC:
f) If you want to save received data then select the Transfer option (in the Hyper terminal menu) along the top edge of the terminal window and select Capture text:
g) Select the location where you wish to save data and name the file > then click Start:
h) When the data capture is complete, again select the Transfer option > Stop. The file will be saved to the previously chosen location. Now that the data is available, please open the file and check the data.
10. If you want to receive NIBP values continuously then rotate the knob to choose NIBP MODE and click on NIBP MODE, after clicking on NIBP MODE rotate knob to choose set NIBP MODE as AUTO:
11. After selecting NIBP MODE, choose NIBP Parameter settings (that are available on the right hand corner), after choosing NIBP MOD, rotate the knob to choose set NIBP MODE as AUTO:
12. After clicking on NIBP Parameter AUTO, Interval option will appear as below on the monitor screen:
13. Please click on the AUTO Interval option and change AUTO Interval from 5 MINS to 1 MINS by rotating the knob: