If you have a computer handy, you can easily track your missing iPad on the web via www.iCloud.com. It's as easy as following these steps:
1. Go to iCloud.com in any web browser. Log into your iCloud account.
2. Click on Find my iPhone in the main menu.
3. Click on All Devices at the top.
4. Click the Device name for the device you'd like to track.
Here you have the same 3 options you have in the iPad view of iCloud: Play Sound, Lost Mode, and Erase:
• Play Sound - will make your iPad beep loudly, even if it's on mute or the sound is turned down. You should be able to go to the area on the map, listen to find the device.
• Lost Mode - will lock the device down until you can find it. Use this option as a last resort.
• Erase - does just that, if your device has been lost or stolen, this will remove everything from the device to protect your information.