In Cornerstone patients can have any of the following status: 'Active', 'Deceased', 'Inactive', however, the PDF-reports from Smart Flow can be attached only when the patient in Cornerstone is 'Active'.
Therefore the PDF reports might fail to upload to Cornerstone for these major reasons:
- Patient was deactivated in Cornerstone (marked 'Deceased', 'Inactive') prior to being discharged in Smart Flow.
- Patient synchronization Smart Flow / Cornerstone was not successful.
- Size of the pdf file is more than 50mb.
- Internet connection issues occur.
- The DAT Staff ID is inactive in Cornerstone (more about setting DAT staff ID active you can find HERE).
NOTE: Cornerstone deactivates a patient when a cremation / euthanasia event happens. Due to the fact that the patient is deactivated, PDF report's can't be attached to Cornerstone automatically.
There are two possible way to prevent this:
1. When the patient is being discharged on Cornerstone side: Before discharging the patient in Cornerstone, please discharge the patient in Smart Flow and then deactivate it in Cornerstone. Otherwise, Smart Flow cannot send PDF reports for this patient to Cornerstone (patient will have inactive status in Cornerstone and the report upload will fail).
2. When the patient is being marked as cremated / euthanized in Cornerstone: Before discharging the patient in Cornerstone, please discharge the patient in Smart Flow and then run the code for cremation / euthanasia in Cornerstone. Otherwise, Smart Flow cannot send PDF reports for this patient to Cornerstone (patient will have Inactive status in Cornerstone and report upload will fail).