In case you utilize both Fixed Time and Non-fixed Time Templates in your clinic (please find out the difference between them HERE), sometimes it can be necessary to convert a previously saved Fixed Time Template into a Non-fixed one (and vice versa) as well as to create equal Fixed and Non-fixed Time Templates within the clinic. To do so, we would like you to follow the steps below instead of manually creating the templates or copying them again.
NOTE: If your clinic has already gone live and changing the general settings may affect other clinic staff, please follow the steps described in THIS article instead. We strongly recommend following the guidelines below only if you are sure that no other staff is currently working, especially for admission / creation of patients.
1. First make sure you are signed into the Smart Flow web account under Admin > click on the account icon, in the top-right corner of the screen > go to Settings > open the General tab > and check the toggle labelled Fixed Time Templates:
NOTE: As you can see from the screenshot, as a default, this option is toggled to NO, meaning that templates are not in fixed time currently. Thus in the example below we will describe how to make Non-fixed Time Templates - Fixed.
2. Go back out to the whiteboard, and create a new Test patient. Select the template that you want to change (ie. Canine GP Template, non-fixed time) and click Show More Information to set the proper time to start the template:
3. For this please click on the Treatments Begin at field and set required date and time, then click DONE:
NOTE: It's very important to set the correct initial time! Make sure you set it at the time that you want the treatments to begin, so when it is saved into fixed time, they will always begin at that time. If you need to change the start time of your treatments, you can simply click Change the Template button on the right hand side of the screen, then set a new Treatments begin at time and click DONE:
4. Make sure that the template you have brought up is accurate. Before you save this, do a quick once over and make sure that the highlighting is spaced appropriately, and that everything is correct. Also, don't forget to make sure your Workflow is set up how you want it to appear because the Workflow will be saved simultaneously with the template. Once you are sure that your template is set up exactly how you want it, it's time to save this template as a Fixed Time Template.
NOTE: Before the next step, please ensure that no other staff is currently working, especially for admission / creation of patients.
5. Go back into the Settings > General > and then switch the Fixed Time Template toggle to YES:
6. Head back out to the whiteboard, select the test patient you were working on, once in the patients flowsheet, click on the Save as a Template button:
7. Then name your treatment sheet accordingly! Once you hit Save, you're all done!
NOTE: It is possible to name this new template exactly the same, since while you work in the fixed time mode (including the Boarding whiteboard, that has a default fixed time ), you can access only the Fixed Time Templates. If you click on the Change Template button after making the above changes, you will see your list of templates is different than it was before. This is because we have switched into fixed time and only the fixed time templates are visible:
PLEASE NOTE: You will have to repeat this process with every template that you want to change from one to the other. There is no way to simultaneously change all your templates.
To go from Fixed time templates to Non Fixed time template, you are going to do the exact same steps but in the General Settings perform the opposite action i.e when you click the Fixed Time toggle, it will be changed from Yes to No. So you are going from Fixed time into Non-fixed time.
To learn more details about fixed time and non fixed time templates, please watch a detailed video HERE!
*Please note that the attached video is an illustration and is subject to change as our product evolves!