To set a simple passcode please follow the steps below:
1. Open your 'Settings' app on the iPad;
2. Scroll until you find the 'Passcode' option and tap, tap turn Passcode 'On'. This will take you to the passcode entry screen;
3. From here you will enter a Passcode of your choosing;
4. You'll need to enter it again exactly the same way on the next screen to verify.
5. After your iPad is locked this window will appear, and you will need to confirm your passcode:
To set an Advanced Passcode, please, tap the 'Passcode Options' at the bottom of the screen:
This gives you three different passcode choices in addition to the standard 6-digit passcode:
- The 'Custom Alphanumeric Code' option allows numbers, letters, and symbols, with no character limit.
- The 'Custom Numeric Code' option allows numbers with no character limit.
- The '4-Digit Numeric Code' option allows a traditional 4-digit passcode.
To change the Passcode, please, tap the 'Change Passcode' option and then, after verifying your old one, you will be able to change it.