You can update your touch iPad to the latest version of iOS wirelessly*. On the other hand, if you can't see the update on your device, you can update manually using iTunes (more about this procedure and automatic update you can find HERE).
Before you update, please, Make a backup of your device using iCloud or iTunes.
If a message says that an update is available, tap Install Now. You can also follow these steps:
2. Tap Settings > General > Software Update:
3. Tap Download and install the update. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS will reinstall apps that are removed. If you tap Cancel, learn what to do next.
4. To update now, tap Install. Or you can tap Later and choose Install Tonight or the Remind Me Later option. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your iOS device into a power source before you go to sleep. Your device will update automatically overnight.
5. If asked, enter your passcode. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.
NOTE: If you see an error message while trying to update your device wirelessly there are some steps you could take to get help with over-the-air iOS updates. If you need more space for a wireless update, you can update using iTunes or delete content manually from your device. Whether you use iTunes or update wirelessly, you'll have the same amount of free space on your device after you update.
At the same time, some iOS software updates aren't available wirelessly and VPN or proxy connections might prevent your device from contacting the iOS update servers.
* Upgrading to the latest version of iOS software provides the latest features, security updates, and bug fixes. Not all features are available on all devices or in all regions. Battery and system performance may be influenced by many factors including network conditions and individual use; actual results may vary.
We hope you found this information useful!