Your Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services, and will enable your iPads to share Notes ( you can find out more about this HERE and HERE). There are several steps that should be taken to set it up correctly.
First of all, open the iTunes Store App and touch the icon in the right-top corner of the screen:
1. Then, you can tap Create New Apple ID. If you don't see this option, make sure you're signed out of iCloud.
2. After that you will be requested to enter your email, password, and choose the country that matches the billing address for your payment method. The email address you provide will be your new Apple ID. The form also includes security questions for your protection, and asks for an optional rescue email address. We recommend providing a rescue email address. If you're trying to create an account using an existing Apple ID, you'll see a message that the email address you provided is already an Apple ID. Tap Continue, and then tap Use Existing Apple ID on the following screen to sign in.
4. Enter your name and birthday, then tap to subscribe to Apple Updates if you'd like to be up to date on the latest news, software, products, and services from Apple, then tap Next.
5. Enter your credit card and billing information, then tap Next. You can also choose None, and learn what to do if None isn't showing or you can't select it. You will not be charged until you make a purchase. You can change or remove your payment details later.
7. Check your email for a verification email from Apple and follow the steps to verify your email address. Learn what to do if you need to set up email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
NOTE: Please, make sure staff can access the Apple ID account. They must know the login and password if they need to re-install the Smart Flow application. You need to set up the same Apple ID account on every iPad.