To be sure you are getting the most from your Smart Flow account, we might ask you to run a ping test. What this will do is gather information on your locations Internet infrastructure, checking to make sure the access points are up to par and not dropping packets of data to and from Smart Flow.
It's best to perform this test on all computers using Smart Flow (e.g. reception, surgery suite, treatment room, ICU, various departments, etc.) and iPads.
In order to run this test on the iPad, please follow the steps below:
1. Download from the Network Ping Lite application from the App Store (by MochaSoft) and click GET to download:
NOTE: If you are already signed up for our MDM program, the app will already be installed.
2. After downloading Network Ping Lite, open the app:
4. Go to each location and run the test. Press the Start button > let this run for 30 seconds to 1 minute > then press Stop. This will start a communication with Google and you should then see:
5. Document the data by either:
- Copying & pasting information into a document or email
- Taking a screenshot
NOTE: Please always note what location the data is associated with.
6. Click the Clear button before moving to the next area.
7. Return to the app and repeat the above steps 4-6 in the widest range of areas as possible to get the maximum area of your locations Wi-Fi coverage.
NOTE: Be sure to clear the data in between each location and move onto the next. Be sure to go to at least 4 different locations, then review findings.
- Consistent numbers, 30ms
- No wildly changing numbers (30.324 ms, 82.012 ms, 28.234 ms, 102.345 ms)
- Timed out error
- Findings > 30ms
We hope you found this information useful!