To be sure you are getting the most from your Smart Flow account, we might ask you to run a Ping Test. What this will do is gather information on your locations internet infrastructure, checking to make sure the access points are up to par and not dropping packets of data to and from Smart Flow.
It's best to perform this test on ALL computers using Smart Flow (e.g. reception, surgery suite, treatment room, ICU, various departments, etc.)
To run this follow the step below:
1. Download from the App Store "Network Ping Lite" by MochaSoft.
Please note if you are already signed up for our MDM program, the app will already be installed.
It will look like the following:
2. After downloading "Network Ping Lite" open the app.
You will then see the following:
3. Change the address in the "IP Address to ping" section to "188.8.131.52" It should look like the following:
4. Go to each location and run this test:
Press the "Start" button, let this run for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then press "Stop"
This will start a communication with Google and you should then see:
5. Return to the app and repeat above steps 4 & 5 in the widest range of locations as possible to get the fullest picture of your locations Wi-fi coverage.
Document the data by either:
- Copy and pasting information into a document or email
- Take a screenshot
- Consistent numbers, 30ms
- No wildly changing numbers
- "Timed out"
- Findings > 30ms