Smart Flow Sheet subscription comes with 3 initial logins. Additional logins can be purchased anytime in groups of three (3).
What is a Login?
- Every computer that is logged into Smart Flow is using a login
- Every additional browser window or tab that has Smart Flow open in it is using a login
- Every monitor that is displaying a Whiteboard is using a login
- Every iPad running the Smart Flow app is using a login
if you closed the app on iPad it will be still counted the login as in use within next 10 minutes
While you will always be using the logins for your whiteboards, leaving computers and iPads logged into Smart Flow while not in use can inflate the number of logins beyond what you really need.
Keeping the number of logins low
To be sure you are always getting the most from the logins that you have purchased, there are a few things you can do to help prevent the need to purchase more.
- Always be sure devices in the most commonly used areas are logged in first. Any devices in less commonly used areas should be logged out when not in use. That is a great time to be charging iPads too.
- Set your Smart Flow account to auto-logout of any device not being used after a preset time.
- Within each computer using Smart Flow, try not to open more than one window or tab running Smart Flow (eg: one tab viewing the surgery whiteboard, another tab looking at a patient's flow sheet, another tab in Smart Flow setting, etc).
- The Auto logoff setting will not log you off while you are working don't worry
- You must be logged in as a "Manager" to have permissions in Smart Flow security to set the auto logouts
- Go to the silhouette icon on the top right corner of the Smart Flow web page
- Select "Settings" then "Security"
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to the Auto Logout section. Here you will see listed each role that can be assigned to a user along with the ability to set each roles auto logout separately. Our recommendations for these settings is listed below:
When choosing these settings, try to think about how the staff in your clinic use Smart Flow.
- Do you have many doctors logging in from home?
- Do your Receptionists use Smart Flow constantly or can it be long periods of time between uses?
- Are treatments happening throughout the day or all at a fixed time hours apart?
See how this works for your clinic. If your staff can't get logged in because there are never enough open logins, try adjusting your auto-logoff settings. If the problem continues, then you may need to purchase more logins, to see how click HERE.
We also recommend always using @ipad@ before you clinics email address, for all clinic iPads. This will take the device out of login use, if it remains idle for 10 minutes, without having to logout and log back in each time.
Whiteboards should also use the @whiteboard@, before your clinic's email address, so that logout times will be set to "never" for your whiteboard display(s).
Can watch a video on Auto logouts here: