It is helpful to include billing as a procedure on your flowsheet templates. Set them for the times your financial coordinator or billing technician would normally review and update the charges.
When it is time to complete billing:
1. Open the patient flowsheet on the iPad and click on "menu" and then view billing.
2. When prompted to do end of shift billing click yes and in the next window select the doctor on duty and the end of shift time.
3. Once that step is done you can download Billing sheet from the computer interface under the flowsheet of each patient.
4. Open two windows on the computer. One with the patient's invoice on your EMR, and another one with the Smart Flow Billing sheet.
5. Transfer all the charges from the inventory PDF into your patient's invoice.
6. If there are items that should not be billed or captured on the billing sheet, you can change this by:
- go into Settings on the web
- go to Parameters
- search for the item and click the pencil icon on the right-hand side
- turn the Billing switch to OFF.
7. Then open the flow sheet on the screen where billing sheet used to be.
8. Compare the charges entered on the invoice in your EMR to those that are on the flowsheet. Change all that match to green on the flowsheet. (Or use whatever colour, etc your practice has decided to use to denote that something has been billed.)
9. If any of the cells on the flowsheet are left yellow but supposed to be billed for, make sure you charge for those in the EMR as well.
10. If there are items on the flowsheet that should be billed for but have NOT been captured on the billing sheet, go into Settings, Parameters, and turn the Billing switch to ON for that item.