Diet and Medications

How to update Medication dose after the patient weight is changed?
If you notice changes in patient weight, and need to update the medication dose rate, please follow the next steps. Re-weigh the patient and update weigh...
Wed, 30 Sep, 2020 at 11:21 AM
Does SmartFlow save medication dosages?
In general, Smart Flow does NOT save medication dosages as the doctor needs to enter the dosage for each patient separately. The only time a dosage is saved...
Mon, 25 May, 2020 at 8:15 AM
How to use Smart Flow Diet Calculator?
Smart Flow has a built-in Diet Calculator that helps you to manage patient feeding without manual calculation. This calculator is available every time you ...
Thu, 26 Mar, 2020 at 6:30 AM
I can't enter a value in the total dose section of a medication. What am I doing wrong?
If you are unable to enter the Total dose value when adding/editing medication on the flowsheet, please make sure that units of measurement for Concentrati...
Mon, 22 Jul, 2019 at 4:34 AM
Why is Smart Flow showing the incorrect dose for a medication dosed in mcg/kg?
The reason why Smart Flow gives you the incorrect dose for a medication is that its concentration and dosage are set in different units of measurement.  Sm...
Tue, 20 Aug, 2019 at 11:26 PM
How can I indicate that I am using the patient's own Medication?
If you use a PIMS/EMR software that is NOT integrated with SmartFlow, you have a few options to indicate an admission of patient's own medica...
Mon, 22 Jun, 2020 at 11:01 AM
What if the medication is a combination of two different drugs?
There may be times when you have a medication that is, in fact, a combination of different medications.  How do you add them to the flow sheet?  In ...
Fri, 23 Nov, 2018 at 1:25 AM
What are the RER Calories and Condition Factor in Smart Flow Diet Calculator?
The Diet Calculator has several parameters that affect the calculation of the patient's diet: patient weight, RER Calories, Condition Factor, and Calor...
Fri, 13 Dec, 2019 at 8:28 AM
How do I use the Medication Calculator?
Using the medication calculator helps minimize errors and definitely save your time. The medication calculator is preset to appear for every medication on ...
Thu, 26 Mar, 2020 at 6:31 AM
How to indicate medications that are delivered less frequently than every 24 hours?
Smart Flow allows you to schedule treatments with the maximum frequency as once per 24 hours. But of course, we understand that sometimes patients might be...
Wed, 21 Aug, 2019 at 4:18 AM