There are a few reasons why multiple visits could be created, & these depend on how your Smart Flow integration is configured within RxWorks. Here are a few things to check:
1) If you have 'Import to Vet' ON then RxWorks will check every charge we send for the medic ID, & look for a visit matching this ID. If it can't find one for that day, it will create a new one.
2) If you have RxWorks set so that charges are added to completed visits in RxWorks, but you accidentally leave a current visit incomplete, it will create a new visit & vice versa.
3) When you admit a patient from RxWorks into Smart Flow, if you execute any charges within Smart Flow for the same hour as the visit in RxWorks, it will create a new visit.
For example: the visit in RxWorks is for 9:41:39 PM > you send the patient to Smart Flow & execute treatments on the flowsheet in the 21:00 column > when the charges go back into RxWorks they are timestamped for 9:00:00 PM > RxWorks looks for an existing visit before this time, & when it can't find one it creates a new visit.
To avoid this it is best to execute treatments rounded forward to the nearest hour right after admitting the patient.
Result = RxWorks create a new visit for 9:00:00.
4) If the medic creating the visit in RxWorks doesn't have the current time selected, the visit will be created at 00:00:00 hours & this will go on to cause issues.
5) If you are importing the reports and discharging patients the day after they are sent home then RxWorks will create a new empty visit to attach the reports to with the date that you press the "reports" button. To avoid this just make sure you are discharging patients as they leave the hospital.