Once you have created a Flow Sheet you will then have the ability to add an IV catheter.
From the iPad:
- Click on "Edit" to change to editing mode
- Tap "Menu" button and choose "IV Catheter" from the drop-down menu
- From here you will be asked to enter information for catheter size, length, location and date IV was placed
- Tap on "Save"
- The catheter information will now be displayed in the "Patient information" section
From the Web:
- Go to the icons on the right-hand side and choose "IV Catheter"
You will then be asked to enter information for catheter size, length, location and date that the IV catheter was placed
- Click "Done"
If the patient has been in the hospital for 3 days, the Flow Sheet will alert you to change the IV catheter on the third day. The catheter information in the patient information area will turn "Red" and stay that way until the catheter information has been updated.
To watch a video on how to do this, click the player below.