Upgrading your integration to include billing - an exciting step towards
eliminating missed charges!
If you are an existing customer of VetlinkSQL, and you have version 4.9, please take a look at the following steps to prepare for your billing setup.
Since you already have your inventory established in Smart Flow and have your templates filled with inventory items, let's make sure that you can connect your items from your EMR as efficiently as possible!
Save your current Templates
1. You will need to print out or save a copy of any of the templates you wish to continue using. Once the new inventory is uploaded, all the current inventory items will be deleted. This will allow you to go back into your saved templates and add those deleted items back on, once your inventory is ready to use in Smart Flow. You can do this by:
· Logging into Smart Flow on the website.
· Creating a test patient.
· Select the template you wish to save and apply it to the flow sheet.
· Along the bottom of the flow sheet, click on the Flow Sheet PDF and download it so that you can save or print it out.
· Do this for each of the templates you wish to continue using.
*NOTE: your tasks will NOT download the PDF and will have to be saved separately. You can do this a few ways:
1. for each flow sheet you print out, manually write the tasks you have for each template, so you have a record of it
2. open the template on an iPad and take a screen shot of it with the tasks displayed to retain a copy
Keep your Inventory Items
2. Take a look at your current inventory, and decide which “non-billable items” you want to keep. (i.e. TPR parameters, procedures, inventory, activities that are not billable items and will not have a charge attached to them)
· Go into the website and select “Settings.”
· Choose “Parameters.”
· Find those items you wish to keep in Smart Flow and click the pencil icon to the right of the item.
· Turn the Inventory buttons for these items to OFF.
Any items that are set to ON will be deleted when the new inventory is uploaded!
Upload the linked items
3. Now it's time to upload your inventory items! Once steps 1 & 2 are complete, please contact VetlinkSQL to have them bulk upload your inventory for you. Once they have done this step, you will be able to sync items individually over to Smart Flow in the future on your own.
*NOTE: after your initial inventory transfer into Smart Flow, all the existing patients on the whiteboard will be 'un-attached' from VetLink patient records. After discharge, you will have to upload pdf files into VetLink manually for all of them. However, all the new patients created from VetLink in Smart Flow Sheet will preserve the 'link' and discharge function will work as usual.
Re-map your Flow Sheets
4. Now that your items are in Smart Flow, each item will need to be 'mapped' so you can use them on your flow sheets. Here is the video to help you with this process:
*NOTE: after your initial inventory transfer into Smart Flow, you will be able to sync your EMR inventory at any time to update your items in Smart Flow. The only time that the process will remove the “Inventory Items” is during the initial upload.
Add the Items back onto the Templates
5. Your new billable items and their fees can be added back on to your templates. You can do this the same way you saved your templates originally by creating a test patient, and edit your templates one by one to add the items back in.
Now sit back and enjoy Smart Flow Sheet capturing all those charges for you, effortlessly!